News Epic Games Store

I hesitate to write this, but the Alan Wake 2 Deluxe Edition is currently 70% off on the Epic Games Store. I waited a long time for a Steam version that never came, and I finally decided to wait for a steep discount on the Epic version instead. I guess this is about as cheap as they’ll sell the full game including the DLC?
the office no GIF
 
Imho never say never, it's "only" been just about 3 years since AW2 release. Somehow it feels like it's been a lot longer. :thinking-face:
But with Control 2 just around the corner I definitely get it though. If you want to get in on that at launch and want to catch up on their games/connected universe, it's probably the cheapest it's going to be.

I'm not in a hurry to get Control 2 so I don't feel any urge to get AW2 either.
Maybe some day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: d00d3n and lashman
I've waited decades for some games to come to pc, I can easily wait out Epic’s shills
That's where I'm at as well.
My "maybe some day" really kind of means "maybe when it's on Steam".

Alan Wake is far from my favorite game but I would like to support Remedy as one of the few Finnish studios that make the types of games I generally enjoy. But they have made it kind of difficult over the years. :toucan:
 
Maybe he could remove the heavy and predatory monetisation systems in Fortnight and they wouldn't be considering locking it of from kids.

And maybe do something about the predators that like to hang around there and Roblox.
 

Epic Games is bringing Serenity Forge’s Doki Doki Literature Club back to Android later today, we can reveal.

The cult visual novel will be announced as an Epic Games Store Android-exclusive, we’re told. Google caused a stir in April this year when it removed Doki Doki Literature Club from its Play Store due to its depiction of sensitive themes.

We understand Epic has been in dialogue with Serenity Forge over bringing the game back to Android devices exclusively through the Epic Games Store since it was removed from Google’s Play Store.

Epic is still doing exclusives? :thinking-blob:

I know the Android version of DDLC is a unique situation as Google kicked it off their store, but that's still weird. I wonder if money changed hands or if Serenity Forge just didn't feel like bothering with other altstores.
 

Several legal and business groups, in addition to the U.S. government, filed briefs with the Supreme Court this week in the Apple vs. Epic Games lawsuit, urging the justices to reverse at least part of the contempt ruling against Apple. Here are the details.

While Epic Games has until November 13 to file its response, the court this week received a number of amicus briefs (filings from outside interested parties) from the U.S. Department of Justice, through the Solicitor General’s office, along with several legal and business groups weighing in on Apple’s challenge.

In its amicus brief, the Department of Justice argues that “[c]ivil contempt is […] appropriate only if the defendant’s conduct is clearly covered by the injunction’s express terms,” which it says was not the case with Apple’s decision to charge a 27% commission.

It goes on to echo Apple’s argument that civil contempt is improper whenever there is a “fair ground of doubt” as to whether an injunction actually prohibited the conduct at issue, concluding that the Supreme Court “should reverse the contempt finding as to the 27% commission.”

Tim Sweeney kissed Trump's ass for nothing.
 
1.webp

2.webp

The most litigious man in the gaming industry is dumbfounded. If Epic sues, or even issues a takedown notice, I will spend $100 on EGS.
 
  • Toucan
Reactions: lashman