Community MetaSteam | March 2024 - Can we find Moominvalley in the Forbidden West?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Well, after seeing this trailer I am very very hyped and might actually get it eventhough I wanted to wait for Horizon next week..

I actually decided to take the plunge and give Outcast 2 a look. (Got it for around 40€ on CD keys, which feels like a more appropriate price, honestly)
Runs pretty well on my machine, but it's also a pretty beefy set up, so no idea how well it scales down. It has a pretty vibrant, colour world.

Feels a bit inspired by the Cameron' Avatar series, especially in turns of the plot. Big bad humans that came to exploit a lush jungle planet, and only one outcast human can save them. At least they don't turn you into a giant blue cat, so that's already one thing it's doing better than Avatar. Other than that's it's pretty white saviour-y, but the game feels pretty dumb and overthinking the implications of its setting is probably not a good idea.

If you liked the first game, and its simple, yet rewarding quest chains, you will probably like this one as well. They added some Ubisoft style activities you can do in between the quests, but those are completely optional, from what I can tell. Combat itself is fun, if a bit too easy, at least on normal.

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Just reached chapter 8 in Rebirth and this is hopefully the last time I buy a Final Fantasy game day 1 for console.

The game is just...not as good as the review scores told me it was and it's my fault for not managing to wait.

Im right now just focusing on the story and nothing else. A story that barely progresses in any other way than "follow the creepy men in black robes" since chapter 3 or so. I finished the original game a few years ago, just a few months before playing Remake an the original game is so much better in terms of story pacing.

Feels like the Hobbit movies. Should have been one big Remake, not 3.

Paul

MetaMember
Jan 26, 2019
Feels a bit inspired by the Cameron' Avatar series, especially in turns of the plot. Big bad humans that came to exploit a lush jungle planet, and only one outcast human can save them.
Tbf original Outcast had the same premise and story and came out 10 years before Avatar.
And so did Albion, which came out 4 years before Outcast. It is not particularly original, but whether it is good or not depends on execution. I sure liked Outcast more than Avatar.

Your screens make me wanna buy it, but since I already splurged on Horizon 2, I think I will wait a bit longer.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The only things that I bought is the "Among Us" DLC for Vampire Survivor and Half-Life, Half-Life: Opposing Forces, and Half-Life: Blue Shift as a gift to a Twitch streamer that I watch and is on my friends list.

I might buy Diablo IV before the sales end.

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I again used sale to complete some collections and continue moving library from EA and Ubisoft launchers. I got Yakuza 5 that I was missing, BF Hardlines, CoD WaW, NFS Unbound, AC3 Remaster and AC4 BF Gold Edition. I am almost done with old CoD games and old AC games, BF collection is complete, NFS collection is complete, Yakuza 0-6 is complete.

Reactions: lashman and LEANIJA

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I again used sale to complete some collections and continue moving library from EA and Ubisoft launchers. I got Yakuza 5 that I was missing, BF Hardlines, CoD WaW, NFS Unbound, AC3 Remaster and AC4 BF Gold Edition. I am almost done with old CoD games and old AC games, BF collection is complete, NFS collection is complete, Yakuza 0-6 is complete.
I'm torn about the Yakuza dlc myself. There is one for 2 and one for 6 that apparently are plain pay to win shit adding UR cards to some mini game.
Not interested in breaking the game, but I, uh, kinda want to have Kiryu and co as cards.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Yeah I have started to do that little by little, also why I am seriously considering buying the Division games for the third time.XD

Alexandros

MetaMember
Nov 4, 2018
Regarding Horizon: Zero Dawn, I was enjoying it for as long as the mystery of the old world was unfolding. As soon as that got resolved I lost most of my drive to continue. I still finished the game since the gameplay was decent enough but as a result I have zero interest in the sequel.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
I found Super Mario 3D All-stars and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom for around 25 euro each in Facebook Market. Sent money to the seller and he claims that he has sent the games to me.
I guess I got scammed >.< The price for these games is way too good to be true. Anyway, he says he sent them last Friday, so I need to way a few more days before I receive anything

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I found Super Mario 3D All-stars and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom for around 25 euro each in Facebook Market. Sent money to the seller and he claims that he has sent the games to me.
I guess I got scammed >.< The price for these games is way too good to be true. Anyway, he says he sent them last Friday, so I need to way a few more days before I receive anything

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Anyone who thinks there will be a next-gen Xbox is delusional at this point.
A new Xbox devkit has been approved in Korea Korean Radio Research Agency (A governing body similar to FCC in the US). has approved a new Xbox dev kit for certification on Mar 18th, 2024. It's named "XDK Console 2089".
maybe it's just an upgrade or revision from this gen but...

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
A new Xbox devkit has been approved in Korea Korean Radio Research Agency (A governing body similar to FCC in the US). has approved a new Xbox dev kit for certification on Mar 18th, 2024. It's named "XDK Console 2089".
maybe it's just an upgrade or revision from this gen but...
doesn't mean anything, even if it is for next-gen. They will R&D the next xbox until someone pulls the plug. A year ago Xbox First party going 3rdparty would have been unthinkable.
Plans change with market realities.

Reactions: Censored

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Down 47% year over year...

jfc

What even came out last year around this time? Hogwarts? There is no way that game impacted people buying Xbox's that much.

I don't know what they can do next gen.

Undercut Sony by like 100$ and pushout new Elder Scrolls at launch. Even that would probably be a temp boost and not last long anyways.

It really is joever for them.

Edit: Also Palworld did really well for Xbox and it looks like that didn't give them much of a hardware boost either.

People really don't want Xbox. They need some type of new marketing push..

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Here's my haul so far:
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Star Wars Battlefront (2015)
  • I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
  • Ghost of Tsushima
  • Darksiders III (Key Site)
  • Rambo The Video game (Key Site)
  • Zone of the Enders The 2nd Runner
  • Wanted Dead
  • Shovel Knight Treasure Trove
  • Pizza Tower
help

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
The dude is very delusional.

I'd imagine that part of this is more so because it's been over 20 years that steam has been around. Meanwhile Epic has only been around 6 years.

And this is more of expanding already existing features that steam has since some of the early adopters already have children and would like for them and their family to play the games that they already purchased all while trying to.
Also parental feature have exist on consoles for a while now, but there really wasn't as much of a need back then. This is also once again trying to do stuff since certain aspects of games and things have changed over time. Younger people want to get into PC gaming. May as well try to do stuff so that parents can feel a bit more at ease with what their children can see. But also with how games are purchased. "Ask your parents for their credit card number)

The whole Epic feature thing, I'd imagine some of that has mainly to do with Fortnite and how in addition to adults the game also appeals to children and seeing how their whole Meta verse thing has been going they don't want their to be something in the way.

I think I'm going to look up what EGS parent features are. Since I do want to look at the difference.

He really loves to make if all about him.

Reactions: Ge0force

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I looked more into it and the EGS stuff doesn't seem that bad. I haven't used Steam parent controls but at least some parts of it do seem similar? I'm guessing that one of the huge differences is that there is no EGS app, so you would just get an email asking about permission, while on Steam it would be an email and a push notification on the Steam app.

Another difference is how it handles playtime. With EGS it just tells you how much they played, that's it, but on Steam it seems like you can control that and it also has an option to request longer playtime?

No as far as the big overall picture of what he is talking about. I'm not sure about that and would need more information as to when Steam doesn't introduced parent features and library sharing and stuff like that.

Also One of the HUUUGEE differences between Steam and EGS, is that on EGS it's just one account (not a parent or child account) and for this one individually account is the one where you set up locks and stuff since the child won't know the pin.

But with how Steam is doing it, it's your own account that you can share stuff with others. Its also where you have a family account, that whole CONCEPT doesn't exist with EGS at all.

Speaking of family sharing, I know that consoles also have different so what's the main benefit of those over what Steam has?

I heard something how multiple people can play the same game at the same time. And I'm curious if they are not mistaking that for Share Play, which is basically just Steam remote play? Or something similar. If by some chance that feature lets you download a game and play that game together by only owning one copy. Then the issue is that it's a payed feature. If you want to use that then you need to be signed up for PS+.

But I'm still not sure if that's the feature that I heard something people mention.

Reactions: thekeats1999
Status
Not open for further replies.