Discussion What are you currently playing? (Week 18 of 2024)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I have been busy during these two weeks but hopefully next week will start calm down a bit. Anyway...... new week, new thread! What are you playing?

I grabbed Megaton Musashi Wired on day 1. The story is something straight out of Getter, and the control is very tight and performance of the port is great. Loving it so far.

Also continuing Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story (forgot to mention it last week). Probably around later half of the game. The story, level design and mechanics are full of surprises. Really, really great game.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Been playing Mario vs. Donkey Kong on my Switch after getting a good deal for it yesterday. I'm at World 5 now and I'm having a blast!

• Gib
Reactions: Cacher and Stevey

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Persona 5 Royal: I just finished Futaba's palace and I was doing social links and random skill boosting in between before the next main story event starts.

Witch on the Holy Night: Just started reading this before bed each night. Things haven't picked up yet, they are just setting the ground work for the two main characters.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Dwarf Fortress and Dead Island 2.

On like my 6th Fortress in DF, it's so good, the best city builder out there IMO.

Dead Island 2 is so much fun, so much better than the Dying Light series.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher and LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I plan to continue Phanton Fury as well as Cyberpunk this week;
I also played some World of Warcraft (I mostly did the monthly activies for the "Trading Post" feature: you get a special currency for cosmetic items for doing stuff in game: usually you'd get that by... just playing it regularly (questing, dungeons etc), but I just play it all-in-one-go at the end of the month. I also tried the new "Battle Royale" mode called Plunderstorm, but I dont like it, like I dont like BR games – or PVP – in general)
and some Dishonoured yesterday (replayed select missions from old saves just to "relive" it a bit. That game aged so well, it still plays and looks great)

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I've started SaGa Emerald Beyond over the weekend, and it is yet another GOTY in the making.

In the first 10 minutes of starting the game, I've gained 3 cats as party members. Another half an hour later, a mecha.

Oh, you can have these cats teach your party members some skills too. I'm not kidding.

After a couple of hours, my party become a part of a pirate crew. Complete with the pirate-speak and a foul-mouthed parrot (if you can call it that). :flare_lmao:

Yet another banger from Kawazu. :flare_bath:

• Comfy
  • Gib
Reactions: Cacher and Ibuki

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland

Finished Yooka Laylee. It's pretty good, but it's definitely one of those games. Writing is a bit weird, like Leylee is kind of a shitheel joker, but also at the same time almost none of the NPC's react to her being a shit heel. So it all comes across a bit strange.
Maybe it's British humor and I just don't get it. :toucan:

Planning to start Lords of the Fallen next.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Bought Star Ocean the Divine Force during the golden week sale. Finished the first area and I am pleasantly surprised. The opening story is intriguing and combat control is tight and punchy. Tri-Ace still gets it.

Reactions: Durante

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm currently playing River City Girls 2. It's good, but it feels a lot like the last game.
I just beat a few games. Minishoot' Adventures (Great) Lil Gator Game (loved it), Shantae and the Seven Sirens (enjoyable if you're into the series).

Reactions: Cacher

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
I'm near the end of Unicorn Overlord. It's a legitimate GOTY contender and arguably the best strategy RPG in a decade.

I plan to replay Elden Ring afterwards to get ready for the DLC.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
I started playing Citizen Sleeper.

It was specifically recommended to my by a friend. So far, I really like the setting, can't say too much about the game yet.

Bought Star Ocean the Divine Force during the golden week sale. Finished the first area and I am pleasantly surprised. The opening story is intriguing and combat control is tight and punchy. Tri-Ace still gets it.
This is the one game from those 3 months of (what feels like) 12 S-E releases that I am most interested in.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
This is the one game from those 3 months of (what feels like) 12 S-E releases that I am most interested in.
Sincerely recommend Harvestellar which released during that period. Although farming and combat is mediocre, it has great story, writing and soundtrack. The latter half of the game is especially gravitating. It was my GOTY 2022.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished the main story of Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. It was a great game. The final boss is too easy compared with those from the last two games. I am wondering if I should grind and finish off those bosses in the challenge room.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
be me
bought P5R on a whim
downloaded some mods and installed them
put HDR on top, everything looks great and shiny
closed the game for a bit to do some chores
had some free time before bed, let's play for an hour
game won't start
reset everything to default, still won't start
checked out Steam community, saw people having the same issue
denuvo's servers are down
fuck denuvo.

OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Start playing Compulsion Games' Contrast on Game Pass today. The 30fps framerate and tank control is very distracting, but the platforming design is pretty good. And the walking in shadow mechanic in a 3D platforming game is ambitious for an indie developer. I can imagine it is hard to pull off.

Btw, soundtrack is absolutely great. Some bangers:

Now in the middle of Act 2. Let's see if I can get all the achievements and beat the game during the weekend.

Reactions: LEANIJA
OP
Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Finished Contrast and collect all the achievements. There is a few janky instances but overall a good game.

Last edited:
Reactions: LEANIJA

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I actually restarted Dishonoured and replayed it fully – in a pacifist playstyle as usual. Also stealthy but if I was discovered I'd just blink away instead of worrying about it :)

I'm probably gonna replay Dishonoured 2 now :) Both of them are favourites of mine anyway and its nice to replay them :)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
After finishing Citizen Sleeper I'm back to Trails of Cold Steel 4. I think I'm reaching the end of act 3, only a few dozen hours to go now :p

Reactions: Cacher